Scott A. Harkness is a partner at Norris Choplin Schroeder LLP. Throughout his 20-year legal career, he has represented numerous businesses, corporations, municipalities, organizations and insurance companies in the defense of tort suits, and in insurance coverage and environmental litigation matters. His clients have also included multiple large construction companies and homeowners associations. He regularly assists clients with small business formation and real estate transactions.
Mr. Harkness is an active member of the Indianapolis Downtown Kiwanis and serves on its Abe Lincoln Scholarship Committee, which provides significant recognition scholarships for graduating high school seniors in Indianapolis. He is also involved in a variety of other community activities in his spare time, including coaching for the Carmel Dad’s Club little league baseball and football teams.
Mr. Harkness was born in Indianapolis, Ind. in 1967. He currently resides in Carmel, Ind. with his wife and son. He is an officer of the Saddle Creek Homeowners Association and member of Carmel United Methodist Church. He is a supporter of local art organizations and the Indianapolis Zoological Society.
- DePauw University, 1989
- Indiana University School of Law at Indianapolis, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, 2009
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, 1992
- U.S. District court for the Northern District of Indiana, 1992
- State of Indiana, 1992
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
- Defense Research Institute
- Indianapolis Law Club
- Hamilton County Bar Association