Pete Schroeder is a partner at Norris Choplin Schroeder LLP. He concentrates his practice in large loss subrogation, personal injury, mediation, appraisal/umpire and arbitration. His trial experience includes representing plaintiffs and defendants in fire and gas explosions, structural collapses, personal injury and wrongful death, products liability and professional malpractice.
In his experience, he has conducted over 2,700 mediations including complex wrongful death claims, quadriplegia and paraplegia claims, large property loss claims, medical and legal malpractice claims, products liability claims, claims involving numerous parties and claims involving significant insurance coverage and insurance priority disputes.
Mr. Schroeder’s combined focus on litigation and mediation keeps him current on the law applicable to mediation issues, and up to date on changes associated with an active litigation docket and the courtroom environment.
An attorney of more than 30 years, Mr. Schroeder began his practice with Norris Choplin and Johnson in 1981. Prior to that, he served a clerkship for Judge Eugene N. Chipman of the Indiana Court of Appeals in 1980 and 1981.
Since 2005, Mr. Schroeder has been recognized as a Super Lawyer® by Law & Politics magazine for his work in large loss subrogation, alternative dispute resolution and civil litigation.
Mr. Schroeder was born in Detroit, Mich. in 1954. For over 25 years he has officiated college and high school wrestling, and has volunteered as a junior high wrestling coach. Today Mr. Schroeder is active in the local community, serving on various school boards and church commissions.
- JD, cum laude, Indiana University School of Law at Bloomington, 1980
- Masters in Public Affairs, Indiana University, 1980
- BA, Indiana University, 1976
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1998
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, 1983
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, 1980
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana, 1992
- State of Indiana, 1980
- Registered Civil Mediator, 1992
- Litigated cases in Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Kentucky and Ohio
Personal injury and products liability experience involving automobiles, ATVs, trampolines, tractors, cranes, front-end loaders, construction, flooding, welding and structural collapses
Significant trial experience in federal and state court
- Indianapolis Bar Association (Alternative Dispute Resolution, Litigation Sections)
- Indiana State Bar Association (Litigation, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Appellate Practice Sections)
- Indianapolis Law Club
- American Association for Justice
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals, Member