Mary Jo Wedding
Ms. Wedding first practiced with Norris Choplin Schroeder LLP for 22 years and was a partner here from 1994 through 2003, serving as Of Counsel from 2003 to 2008. In 2008, she left to pursue other interests, but rejoined the firm in 2016.
Ms. Wedding’s experience also includes complex litigation, insurance defense, personal injury, toxic torts, subrogation, and family law. She is a registered civil mediator in Indiana.
Outside the office, Ms. Wedding serves on the board of Disability Legal Services of Indiana, Inc. She has contributed to a variety of school and community efforts over the years involving fundraising and programming. She has also been involved with several activities at her church in Indianapolis.
- DePauw University (B.A. History)
- Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis, IN (J.D.)
- State of Indiana
- U.S. Federal District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 1988
- U.S. Federal District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit, 1993
- Bateman v. Central Foundry Div., v. General Motors Corp. (March 1992)
Bateman v. Central Foundry Div., v. General Motors Corp. (March 1993)
Thomas, et al v. Cassens Trans Co., et al (June 2001)
- Massengill v. Indiana Nat. Bank (Feb. 1990)
Smith v. Convenience Store Distributing Co. (Jan. 1992)
King v. King (March 1993)
Pierce v. Bank One-Franklin, NA (July 1993)
Gilliam v. Contractors United, Inc. (April 1995)
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- “Recent Developments in Indiana State and Federal Evidence Law”, Vol 24, No. 3, Indiana Law Review, co-authored with Ellen Quigley, (1991)