Joseph P. Maguire is a partner at Norris Choplin Schroeder LLP. For nearly 30 years, he has counseled clients in criminal and civil jury trials, and in tort lawsuits and insurance coverage litigation.
He also works with individuals and businesses in their estate planning needs, guardianship and probate related issues. In addition, Mr. Maguire has represented municipal entities in town and city related legal needs.
Mr. Maguire volunteers in a variety of civic activities as a CYO coach, Lector and Eucharistic Minister at Saint John Catholic Church, and a First Teen Court Judge for the Southside Youth Council. He is also a Homeless Legal Aid Program Volunteer, a Saint Vincent DePaul Home Visit volunteer, a member of Lumen Dei and has worked closely with the “Ask a Lawyer,” Pro Bono Legal Advice Program.
Mr. Maguire is married and has two children. He was born in Indianapolis in 1955. Prior to joining the firm in 2002, he operated as a sole practitioner for over 14 years.
- Indiana University, 1977
- Indiana University School of Law at Indianapolis, 1983
- State of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- Indiana State Bar Association (Litigation, Probate, Trust, Real Property and Elder Law sections)
- Indianapolis Bar Association (Litigation section)
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
- Indianapolis Law Club