John M. Choplin II is a founding partner of Norris Choplin Schroeder LLP, where he is currently of counsel. Born in Cedar Rapids, Iowa in 1945, Mr. Choplin is married with three children and eight grandchildren.
He counsels clients in a number of legal practice areas and industries, including: appeals, architect, aviation, church, commercial, construction, contract, electrical, engineering, fire and gas explosions, governmental, insurance, mediation, mold, motor vehicle, negligence, personal injury, premises liability, products liability, professional liability (accountant, architect, engineer, insurance and legal), subrogation, toxic torts and trucking law.
Prior to his legal career, Mr. Choplin worked in the claims department of an aviation insurance company and served as an officer in the United States Air Force from 1969 through 1973. He was an associate with a well-known Indianapolis law firm prior to founding the firm with office managing partner, Richard L. Norris.
Outside of the office, Mr. Choplin is a commercial pilot with instrument and multi-engine ratings. He also enjoys family time, volunteer work with his church, boating, flying, hiking and landscaping.
- Drake University, 1967
- University of Michigan School of Law, 1974
- State of Indiana, 1974
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, 1974
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, 1976
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1977
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- American Association of Justice
- American Bar Association (Air & Space Law, Construction Industry, Dispute Resolution, Law Practice Management, Litigation and Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Sections)
- Construction Surety
- Indiana State Bar Association (Alternative Dispute Resolution, Appellate Practice and Litigation Sections)
- Indianapolis Law Club
- Lawyer-Pilots Bar Association
- Co-Author of monograph, "Aviation and the Law" (1975)
- Co-Author of monograph, "Preparing for the Decade, Law Firm Management Strategies for the 90's" (1990)